CDS exam 2 English Question Paper 8 September 2019 Answer Key: CDS exam 2 English Question Paper held on 8 September 2019 with Answer Key available. UPSC CDS (Combined Defence Services) exam 2 English Question Paper 8/09/2019 Exam paper and Answer Key.
For UPSC CDS Exam II 8 September 2019 (General Knowledge) Exam Paper: Click Here
CDS exam 2 English Question Paper 2019 (Answer Key)
1. Humanity’s evolution from primitive stage to the present has been
(a) static and smooth
(b) huge and diversified
(c) always violent
(d) always peaceful
2. …“man’s problems were never before as complicated as they seem to be today” means
(a) the present times are the best times of humanity
(b) the present times are the crucial period for humanity
(c) the present times pose much more challenges to humans than the previous times
(d) the present times provide much more facilities than the previous times
3. Why does the author say that labour problems did not exist during the hunting and fishing stage’?
(a) There was no nation existing at that time
(b) There were no economic, political and social systems
(c) There was no capitalism and market
(d) There was no labour law
4. The pastoral stage was marked by a certain amount of economic activity.” How?
(a) Humans started migrating and held goat-herds
(b) Humans started owning land
(c) Conflicts started as humans owned goats
(d) Humans started doing agriculture
5. Which word in the passage means ‘surfaced’?
6. Why does the land reform prove to be slow?
(a) Because of the disparity in power structure
(b) Because of the power of the government
(c) Because States have different laws
(d) Because of the scarcity of land in the country
7. Which of the following statements is/are correct?
1. Land ceiling laws have proved to be unsatisfactory.
2. The democratic structure of the government cannot provide solution to the problem of
3. The owners of land have abundant natural resources.
4. Identified land for distribution has not been distributed due to court cases against it.
Select the correct answer using the code given below
(a) 1 and 4
(b) 1 only
(c) 3 and 4
(d) 2 and 4
8. One of the reasons of selling off the lands by the allottees is that the lands were
(a) unproductive and barren
(b) salty, not getting water
(c) fertile, but uncultivable
(d) with the powerful people
9. Which word/group of words/group of words in the passage means ‘lawsuit’?
(c) Illegal possession
10. According to the author, what is the primary source of livelihood of majority of India’s
11. “There are also those who are entirely landless, although agriculture is their main source of
(a) they do not have money to buy lands
(b) they have sold off their lands to others
(c) most of them are agriculture labourers
S toles (d) they are migrant labourers from other placess!
12. Which one of the following is not the reason for improved job satisfaction of employees?
(a) Improved work flow
(b) Better cooperation between departments
(c) Supervisors’ fairness
(d) Increased remuneration
13. Companies feel that it is necessary to
(a) maintain anonymity of the employees and to have effective design and sequence questions and effective communication
(b) maintain the fairness of the managers to be part of the survey
(c) conduct surveys from their employees
(d) maintain anonymity of the employees and not to have effective design and sequence of
questions and effective communication
14. One major benefit of using survey software packages is
(a) reports can be generated easily
(b) privacy of a person is exposed to the supervisors
(c) employees would like to take up the test on computer
(d) employer can get to know the information immediately
15. Which word in the passage means tendency’?
16. “The screens should not be viewable to supervisors or passers-by” Who ?
(a) To maintain the secrecy of a person
(b) The main problem is to enable everyone to participate
(c) The manager has to be fair enough
(d) To maintain the problems faced by women in job market
17. What does the word ‘customized’ mean here?
(b) Take as it is
(d) Mass produced
ORDERING OF WORDS IN A SENTENCE
18. P. the company are often asked
Q. the formal or informal interviews
R. Employees who are leaving
S. for their opinions during
19. P. a hailstorm activity in the evenings
Q. there is a possibility of
R. while there could be
S. heavy rain towards the weekend
20.P. has been below normal since last week
Q. the minimum temperature
R. in some part of the city
S. when rain and hailstorm activity recorded