CTET exam paper 1 – 8 December 2019 – MATHEMATICS (Answer Key) english paper: CTET exam paper 1 – 8 December 2019 – Part 1 MATHEMATICS (Answer Key). Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) held on 8/12/2019, Paper 1 (Class 1 to 5).
Exam Paper: Paper 1 (Class 1 to 5)
Exam Part: Part 2 (MATHEMATICS)
Exam Organiser: CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)
Exam Date: 08/12/2019
Exam Time: 9:30 Am to 12 Pm
Total Question: 30
CTET exam paper 2019 – Paper 1 (Class 1 to 5)
Part 2 PART -II/ MATHEMATICS
Directions: Answer the following questions by selecting the correct/most appropriate options.
31. Which of the following can NOT be considered a feature of a constructivist Mathematics classroom ?
(1) Objective type test items are used as the primary means of assessment.
(2) Connections between Mathematics and other curricular areas are highlighted.
(3) The role of language and dialogue in learning Mathematics is given due attention.
(4) The teacher acknowledges that students may construct multiple understandings from a given interaction.
32. Which of the following statements is in agreement with the constructionist view of Mathematics?
(1) Mathematics is entirely objective.
(2) Visualisation is an important aspect of Mathematics.
(3) Mathematics is about learning facts.
(4) Mathematicians are required to discover the truths’.
33. Which of the following activities is best suited for the development of spatial understanding among children ?
(1) Noting the time of moon rise
(2) Representing numbers on a numbers line
(3) Drawing the top view of a bottle
(4) Locating cities on a map
34. Which of the following is NOT true with respect to the learning of Mathematics?
(1) Students’ socio-economic background impacts their performance in Mathematics.
(2) School’s language of instruction can impact a child’s performance in Mathematics.
(3) Ability to perform and excel in Mathematics is innate.
(4) Teachers’ beliefs about learners have powerful impact on learning outcomes.
35. Identify the type of the following word problem :
“I have 6 pencils. Manish has two more than me. How many pencils does
Manish have ?”
(1) Takeaway addition
(2) Takeaway subtraction
(3) Comparison addition
(4) Comparison subtraction
36. Which of the following is NOT true of the
Hindu-Arabic system of numeration ?
(1) It follows the base 2 system.
(2) It is multiplicative in nature.
(3) The position of a digit in a number dictates its value.
(4) It is additive in nature.
37. Identify a desirable practice for teaching Geometry at primary level ?
(1) Children should be given ample opportunities to develop an intuitive understanding of space.
(2) Developing extensive geometric vocabulary need not be an objective at primary level.
(3) Geometry at primary level should be limited to recognition of simple basic shapes.
(4) The teacher should begin by giving clear definitions of simple shapes and showing examples.
38. Which of the following is an indicator of mathematical reasoning ?
(1) Ability to calculate efficiently.
(2) Ability to recall the correct formulae in different situations.
(3) Ability to provide definitions of mathematical concepts.
(4) Ability to provide a justification for a mathematical procedure.
39. The price list of vegetables in a super market is given as follows:
Item Quantity Price ()
Tomato 1 kg
Potato 2 kg
Carrot 250 g
Bottlegourd 1 kg
Chillies 100 g
Lemon 4 pieces
Sanjay buys ½ kg tomatoes, 1 kg potatoes, ½ kg carrot, 250 g chillies and 6 lemons. He gives a note of 200 to the bill clerk at the counter. How much money will he get back ?
40. I am a 2 digit number.
The digit in tens place and the digit in units place are consecutive prime numbers.
The sum of digits is multiple of 3 and 4.
The number is
41. The parking rates of car in a railway station parking are depicted as follows:
(a) Upto 2 hrs – ₹50
(b) More than 2 hrs and upto 5 hrs – ₹75
(c) After 5 hrs – ₹10 per extra hour upto 8 hrs.
(d) More than 8 hrs and upto 12 hrs – ₹150
(e) More than 12 hrs and upto 24 hrs – ₹250
Rajeev parks his car at 7.00 a.m. and comes back to pick it up at 4.30 p.m. on the same day. How much money does he have to pay ?
42. Which of the following is at third place when the numbers are arranged in ascending order ?
7.07, 7.70, 7.707, 7.007, 0.77
43. In a five digit number, the digit at ten’s place is 8, digit at units place is one-fourth of the digit at ten’s place, the digit at thousands place is 0, digit at hundreds place is twice that of units place and the digitat ten thousands place is thrice the digit at unit’s place. What is the number?
44. Three brands of pens A, B and Care available in packets of 10, 12 and 24 respectively. If a shopkeeper wants to buy equal number of pens of cach brand, what is the minimum number of packets of each brand, he should buy ?
(1) A = 10, B = 5, C = 12
(2) A = 12, B = 10, C = 5
(3) A = 10, B = 12, C = 5
(4) A = 5, B = 12, C = 10
45. The side of a square is 4 cm. It is cut into 4 equal squares. What is the area of each small square ?
(1) 16 cm
(2) 8 cm
(3) 4 cm
(4) 1 cm