DHSG Library Assistant Previous Question Paper with Answer Key 2020 PDF: DHSG Library Assistant Previous year exam paper with answer key 2020 pdf available here in Hindi and English Language. Dr. Harisingh Gour University (DHSG), Madhya Pradesh also known as Sagar University.
DHSG (Dr. Harisingh Gour University), Sagar, Madhya Pradesh
Library Assistant exam 2020
1. Open access increases the use of books according to the
(A) First law of library science
(B) Third law of library science
(C) Second law of library science
(D) Fourth law of library science
2. An University providing Open Access to Sanskrit dissertations through Internet
(A) Jawaharlal Nehru University
(B) Delhi University
(C) Mahatma Gandhi University
(D) University of Madras
3. Which among the following is a free Audio book site?
(D) Google Books
4. Library is a
(A) Political agency
(B) Social agency
(C) Economic agency
(D) Industrial agency
5. Who said, “Public Library is the responsibility of Local and National Authorities. It must be supported by specific legislation and financed by National and Local Governments”?
(A) S.R. Ranganathan
(B) Gopala Rao Ekbote
(C) Sinha Committee
(D) UNESCO Manifesto UNESCO
6. Information is ______
(A) Raw data
(B) Raw knowledge
(C) Input data
(D) Organized data
7. The term ‘literary warrant’ was first introduced by
(A) S.R. Ranganathan
(B) E. Wyndhan Hulme
(C) (A) Neelamegan
8. ISO-9960 is related with?
(A) Standard for encoding data on CD-ROM
(B) Standard for Computer Hardware
(C) Standard for Information Processing
(D) Standard for Networking
9. The Principle of Local Variation is mainly applicable in:
(B) Reference service
10. Which is fourth law of library science?
(A) Every book its reader
(B) Every reader his/her book
(C) The library is a growing organism
(D) Save the time of the reader
11. Weeding of un-useful books from the library is emphasized by this law of library science.
(A) Second law
(B) Third Law
(C) Fourth law
(D) Fifth law
12. In colon classification scheme ‘X’ represent for
(D) Library and Information Science
13. Search engine is usually a web based system for
(A) Searching the information available on Email
(B) Searching the information available on the web
(C) Searching the information available on the Laptop
(D) Searching the information available on the Databases
14. One of the authorized user makes bulk downloading of a Journal using robots and consequently licensor blocks access of the journal. What may be the most appropriate action (s) that librarian should initiate?
i) Cancellation of authentication of the said user
ii) Asking the licensor for blocking up the access without prior information.
iii) Investigate and take corrective measures
iv) Notify user community of user restrictions
(A) (ii), (iv) are correct.
(B) (ii), (iii) are correct
(C) (i), (iii) are correct.
(D)(i), (ii) are correct.
15. In KWIC indexes the keyword is
(A) Derived from the text
(B)Derived from the abstract
(C) Derived from the title
(D) Assigned by the author
16. The invisible web refers to-
(A) The internet, since we cannot see it
(B) That part of the internet, which is hidden from the search engines.
(C) The telecommunication signals which are not seen
(D)The failure in accessing the web pages
17. Which of the following is not the power of Local Library Authority?
(A) Providing lands and buildings
(B) Closing the library
(C) Enacting Public Library Act
(D) Employing Staff
18. Sir Sayaji Rao Gaekwad III established which type of library?
(A) Academic Library
(B) Public Library
(C) National Library
(D) Special Library
19. Which is not a input device?
20. Which organization supported in India the Information Policy?