MPPSC Prelims exam paper 12 January 2020 Paper 2 General Aptitude (Answer Key): MPPSC Prelims exam paper 12 January 2020 Paper 2 General Aptitude with Answer Key. MPPSC Prelims exam paper held on 12/01/2020 Paper-2 General Aptitude in English language with Answer Key available.
Exam Paper: MPPSC State Service Exam Prelims exam 2020 Paper-2 (General Aptitude)
Exam Organiser: Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC)
Exam Date & Time: 12/01/2020
Total Question: 100
Note: Answers to the questions are as per the official answer key released on 15 January 2020 by the MPPSC.
MPPSC SSE Prelims exam 2020 Paper-2 (General Aptitude)
1. A boat sails 15 km of a river towards upstream in 5 hours. How long (in hours) will it take to cover the same distance downstream, if the speed of river is one-fourth the speed of the boat in still water?
2. The stream flows at 1 kmph. A motor boat goes 35 km upstream and back to the starting point in 12 hours. The speed of the motor boat (in kmph) in still water is
3. If 1.5x = 0.04y, then the value of (6 – x) / (y + x)) is
4. What would be the value of 3 × 0.3 × 0.03 × 0.003 × 30 ?
5. Find out the right answer for the question, mark (?) shown below.
6. Identify the right figure from the given multiple choices for the question mark (?) shown below to continue the series.
7. You are a hostel manager. New students are expected to join at the start of the semester. What will you do?
(A) Will apprise the authorities about the prevailing problems
(B) Will apprise the authorities about the prevailing problems and try to get them fixed before the new students arrive
(C) Will apprise the authorities about anticipated and prevailing problems and try to get them fixed before the new students arrive
(D) Will wait for the new students to arrive and report the problems
8. You live in a multi-storied apartment. There is water seepage in the toilet of your neighbour, which is just below your toilet. The seepage seems to originate from your toilet. A plumber visits to fix your neighbours problem. What will you do?
(A) Will ask him not to bother you
(B) Will let him in and fix the problem
(C) Will ask him to come on a weekend as it would take a lot of time and that you have work to do
(D) Will allow the repair to be done in your toilet provided your neighbor bears the repair cost
9. You receive an e-mail asking for your bank login and password. What will you do?
(A) Will send your bank details at the earliest
(B) Will delete the e-mail and forget about
(C) Will reply to know why they need to verify the bank login and password
(D) will not respond to the sender and forward the e-mail to the concerned authority
10. You buy a bottle of packed water on a street and end up cmptying the bottle. What will you do?
(A) Will keep the bottle and dispose in a garbage bin
(B) Will throw it as you go along
(C) Will throw it in a drain
(D) Will find a dirty place and throw it there
11. You have a difference of opinion with somebody, how you would express most humbly?
(A) You are wrong!
(B) You speak rubbish
(C) You don’t know about it
(D) I don’t agree with your opinion
12. In a class of some students standing in a straight line, the position of Ramu is 11th from left end and 41st from right end. How many students are there in the class ?
13. Heads of governments of almost all the countries have decided to take many urgent initiatives to address the climate change issue. This shows that
(A) There were no steps taken in the past
(B) The steps taken in the past were very good
(C) The effects of climate change are more severe today
(D) There is unnecessary pressure on the heads of governments now
14. The new Principal of the school has urged each student in the school to do yoga on a regular basis. This implies that
(A) The Principal thinks that yoga is as important as studies
(B) All students were doing yoga but not regularly before he took over as Principal
(C) There was no yoga practice before he took charge
(D) He feels that yoga is good for physical and mental health of the children
15. A is B’s sister. C is B’s mother. D is Cs father. E is D’s mother. Then, how is A related to D?
16. A cab has an average speed of 60 km/hr while going from Indore to Ujjain and has an average speed of X km/hr while returning the same distance from Ujjain to Indore. If the average speed of the cab for the whole journey is 48 km/hr, the value of X is
(A) 45 km/hr
(B) 40 km/hr
(C) 36 km/hr
(D) 30 km/hr
17. Why does the author include the information that dinosaurs had flourished for tens of millions of years and then suddenly disappeared ?
(A) To explain why paleontologists have always been intrigued by the mass extinction at the end of the Cretaceous period
(B) To support the claim that the mass extinction at the end of the Cretaceous period is the best-documented of the dozen or so mass extinctions in the geological record
(C) To explain why and how as many as half of the species on Earth at the time are believed to have become extinct at the end of the Cretaceous period
(D) To provide evidence that an impact can be large enough to disturb the environment of the entire planet and cause an ecological disaster
18. Which of the following can be inferred about the location of the meteorite impact
in Mexico ?
(A) Geologists knew that there had been an impact before they knew where it had occurred
(B) The location of the impact site in Mexico was kept secret by geologists from 1980 to 1990
C) It was a well-known fact that the impact had occurred in the Yucatán region
(D) The Yucatán region was chosen by geologists as the most probable impact site because of its climate
19. Which one of the following led the scientists to conclude that a large meteorite had impacted Earth ?
(A) They discovered a large crater in the Yucatán region of Mexico
(B) They found a layer of sediment
(C) They were alerted by archaeologists who had been excavating in the Yucatán region
(D) The sediments found were enriched with Iridium
20. The word “intrigued” in the passage implies