80.RPSC RAS Pre exam paper of 05 August 2018 150 questions with Answer key are available here. RPSC RAS Pre exam paper 2018 is conducted by RPSC (Rajasthan Public Service Commission).
RPSC RAS Pre exam paper 2018
1. National Research Centre on seed spices is located at
(1) Durgapura, Jaipur
(2) Beechwal, Bikaner
(3) Mandore, Jodhpur
(4) Doomara, Ajmer
2. Which of the following statement is incorrect in reference to compost?
(1) The waste material decomposed is farm waste material like livestock excreta, vegetable waste etc.
(2) The process of decomposition in pits is slowed down by earthworms.
(3) It is rich in organic matter and nutrients.
(4) In this, biodegradable waste is decomposed in pits.
3. Solar observatory in Rajasthan is located at
4. Which among the following environmental pollutants are responsible for acid rain” ?
(1) Ozone and Carbon dioxide
(2) Nitrous oxide and sulphur dioxide
(3) Carbon monoxide and Carbon dioxide
(4) Carbon dioxide and Nitrogen
5. Which of the following plant, grown in non-forest area has been omitted from the definition of trees in the Indian Forest (Amendment) Act 2017?
6. The basis of DNA finger printing is
(1) DNA Polymorphism
(2) DNA replication
(3) Errors in base sequence
(4) The double helix
7. In this question, a statement is followed by two assumptions :
Statements : Though he is fat yet he runs fast.
Assumptions I: Fat people have weak muscles.
II : Fat people generally cannot run fast.
Then which of the answer is correct?
(1) Neither I, nor II is implied in the statement.
(2) Both I and II are implied in the statement.
(3) Only II is implied in the statement.
(4) Only I is implied in the statement.
8. Consider the following:
Statement: Should there be recruitment in Government service on the basis of past academic performance rather than through competitive examinations?
I. Yes, it will be beneficial for those candidates who are unable to bear the expenses of competitive examinations.
II. No, the past academic performance cannot be made the basis of recruitment because there is no uniformity in the assessment by the Universities.
Which one is/are the strong arguments ?
(1) Both I and II
(2) Neither I, nor II
(3) Only II
(4) Only I
9. Statements : All branches are flowers. All flowers are leaves.
I. All branches are leaves.
II. Some leaves are branches.
III. All flowers are branches.
IV. All leaves are branches.
Give Answers :
(1) None follows
(2) Only I and II follow
(3) All follow
(4) Only III and IV follow
10. Next term of the letter series
YB/W, WD/S, UF./O, SH/K
11. Pick out the odd one
12. A statement with two courses of action is given below.
You have to assume everything in the statement to be true and on the basis of the information given in the statement, decide which of the suggested course of action logically follows ?
Statement : A large number of employees have gone on a mass casual leave in protest against the company’s new recruitment policy.
Courses of action :
I. The company should immediately withdraw the new recruitment policy.
II. All these employees should immediately be suspended from their service.
(1) Both I and II follow
(2) Neither I. nor II follows
(3) Only II follows
(4) Only I follows
13. The difference between the number of triangles and number of parallelograms in the following figure is:
14. If 4+5-2=33 and 10+ 12-5=119 then 6 +8-3=
15. The product of three consecutive positive numbers is divided by each of them in turn, the sum of the three quotients will be 74. What will be sum of three numbers?
16. Two alloys are made by gold and copper in the ratio of 7 : 2 and 7:11 respectively. Same quantity of both alloys are mixed and third alloy is made. In this third alloy, ratio between gold and copper is equal to
17. On a construction site, men, women and children are working in the ratio of 9:4:1. Their wages are in the ratio of 8:5:3. If 60 women are working on this site, then total daily wages of all persons is ₹ 2,850. Daily wages of a child is equal to
(1) ₹ 8
(2) ₹ 7
(3) ₹ 6
(4) ₹ 5
18. In a code language.
I. “lew nas hsi ploy means “she is bringing coffee
II. “wir sut lew ploy” means “he is bringing tea
III. “sut lim nas” means “tea and coffee Then which word has been used for the
19. Mr. A meets Mr. B. B is the father of a son C and a daughter D. E is the mother of A.C is married and has one son. E is the daughter-in-law of B. How is A related to B? (1) Nephew
20. If x, y, z are natural numbers, then the number of different solutions of the equation x+y+z=6 are :