RRC (Guwahati) 1st shift exam paper conducted by RRC (Railway Recruitment Cell) on 24-11-2013 under Group ‘D’ available here with complete answer key.[ This exam paper also available in Hindi language. ]
RRC (Guwahati) Ist Shift Exam Paper – 24/11/2013
1. Who was the US Open Lawn Tennis Championship 2013 in male category?
A. Roger Federer
B. Andy Murray
C. Rafael Nadal
D. Novak Djokovich
2. How many colors are there on the Olympic Flag?
3. Which of these sports is played in three variations-
Horse, Cycle and Elephant?
4. What is the name of the Formula one Grand Prix track in India?
A. Mahatma International Circuit
B. Nehru International Circuit
C. Mahavir International Circuit
D. Buddh International Circuit
5. Whose birth anniversary is celebrated as International Day of Non-Violence by the UN?
A. Mahatma Gandhi
B. Adolf Hitler
C. Indira Gandhi
D. Nelson Mandela
6. The legendary Assamese singer and music director Dr. Bhupen Hazarika had obtained his doctorate degree from-
A. Guwahati University
B. Columbia University
C. Harvard University
D. Banaras Hindu University
7. Who is the Governor of Reserve Bank of India?
A. D.V. Subbarao
B. C. Rangarajan
C. Arvind Jayaram
D. Raghuram Rajan
8. After China and India, Which is the third most populous country in the world?
9. Which of these grows above the soil?
11. The square root of 64009 is-
12. The average of 20 numbers is calculated as 20. It is discovered later on that while calculating the average, one number, namely 30 was wrongly read as 50. What is the correct average?
13. If A’s salary is 25% less than that of B, then how many percent is B’s salary more than that of A?
C. 33 1/3%
14. A man sold an article for Rs. 161, gaining 1/6th of his outlay. The cost price of the article is-
15. Matricide : Mother :: Homicide : …….. ?
16. Physiology is related to Biology in the same way as Metaphysics is related to-
17. Find the odd one out-
18. Choose the group of letters which is different from other-
19. Which historical place is a small village in the Navsari district of Gujarat ?
A. Chauri Chaura
20. The name of which percussion instrument literally means ‘made of clay’?