RRC (Kolkata) 1st shift exam paper conducted by RRC (Railway Recruitment Cell) on 17-11-2013 under Group ‘D’ available here with complete answer key.[ This exam paper also available in Hindi language. ]
RRC (Kolkata) Ist Shift Exam Paper – 17/11/2013
1. The 1st Bengali actor who got ‘Dada Sahib Phalke’ award is-
A. Uttam Kumar
B. Sonumitra Chattpadhyay
C. Utpal Dutta
2. A boy introduced a girl as the daughter of the son of the father of his uncle. The girl is the boy’s-
3. Raju decided to marry 3 years after he gets a job. He was 17 years old when he passed class 12th, after passing class 12th, he had completed his graduation course in 3 years and PG course. At what age, will he get married?
A. 27 years
B. 26 years
C. 28 years
D. 23 years
4. ‘Knot’ is a unit of speed of which of the following?
A. Light waves
C. Sound waves
5. Which one of the following constitutes the two best reasons for distinguishing the living form the non-living?
A. Growth and locomotion
B. Irritability and locomotion
C. Respiration and excretion
D. Reproduction and locomotion
6. When milk is churned, the cream is separated from it due to-
A. Frictional force
B. Cohesive force
C. Gravitational force
D. Centrifugal forcd
7. METAL is related to CONDUCTION in the same way as PLASTIC is related to?
8. The letters A to Z of the alphabet are given consecutive numerical values in a ascending order and the sum of the numerical values of the letters of the word SORE is 57. What is the sum of the numerical values of the letters in the word GATE?
9. The last bus Meerut to Delhi is 10 PM. If the buses leave at equal intervals of 3 hours each and there are six buses in all, when does the third bus leave Delhi?
A. 1 AM
B. 7 PM
C. 1 AM
D. 7 PM
10. Which of the following gases is lighter than air?
A. Carbon Dioxide
11. Amalgams are-
A. alloys which contain carbon
B. alloys which have great resistance to abrasion
C. alloys which contain mercury as one of the contents
D. highly colored alloys
12. The main important feature of neutron bomb is that when it is dropped on a city, it would damage-
A. both the living organisms and buildings
B. the buildings but not the living organisms
C. the living organisms but not the living buildings
D. None of the above
13. In which of the following processed light energy is converted into chemical energy?
14. one fathom is equal to-
A. 6 meters
B. 6 feet
C. 60 feet
15. The picture tube of a black and white T.V set has only one electron gun that produces the picture on its screen. The number of electron guns, a color picture tube has , is-
16. The principle of working of periscope is based on-
A. reflection only
B. refraction only
C. reflection and refraction
D. reflection and interference
17. A thermostat is-
A. a devices which varies the temperature of a bath
B. an instrument by which the accuracy of thermometers are determined
C. a device used to maintain a constant temperature of a water bath or an oven
D. a modern type of thermoflask which works on the principle of equipartition of heat energy
18. Which of the following statement is correct?
A. Dynamo converts electrical energy into heat energy and electric motor converts mechanical energy into electrical energy
B. Dynamo converts mechanical energy into electrical energy and electric motor converts electrical energy into mechanical energy
C. Both dynamo and electric motor converts mechanical energy into electrical energy
D. Both dynamo and electric motor converts mechanical energy into electrical energy
19. Which of the following works on Bernoulli’s principle?
A. Gas lighter
B. Gas Stove
C. Bunsen burner
D. None of these
20. Which of the following statements regarding the pressure cooker is not true?
A. Steam helps to cool food earlier
B. Under high pressure, the boiling point of a liquid decreases
C. It leads to the saving in terms of fuel consumption
D. None of the above