UPPSC Prelims held on 28 October 2018, Complete exam paper with answer key available here. UPPSC Pre paper first organised by UPPSC (Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission).
UPPSC Prelims Exam Paper 1 – 2018
1. How many teams participated in FIFA World Cup organised in Russia from 14 June – 15 July 2018 ?
2. In which of the following countries did. Prime Minister Modi start ‘Ramayana Circuit’ on May 11, 2018 ?
(a) Sri Lanka
3. ‘Purvanchal Express Way’ in Uttar Pradesh will not pass through which of the following cities?
4. According to United Nation’s E-Government Index, 2018 India ranks at which place?
5. Which of the following States was in the news for the outbreak of Nipah virus disease in May-June, 2018?
6. In which city the Indian National Digital Library was dedicated to the nation in June 2018 by Prakash Javadekar ?
7. What is the rank of India in the world as per Global Peace Index (GPI), 2018?
8. 15th Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas in January 2019 will be held in which city ?
9. From 4th July 2018 the Minimum Support Price (MSP) during 2018 – 19 for paddy per quintal is
(a) Rs. 1,550
(b) Rs. 1,650
(c) Rs. 1,750
(d) Rs. 1,950
10. Who among the following won the Pakistan’s Parliamentary Elections in July 2018 and became the Prime Minister ?
(a) Nawaz Sharif
(b) Imran Khan
(c) Bilawal Bhutto
(d) Reham Khan
11. Who among the following won the Magsaysay Award, 2018?
(a) Bharat Vatwani
(b) Sopam Wangchuk.
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) None of the above
12. The 10th ‘BRICS’ Summit 2018 was held in which of the following countries?
(b) South Africa
13. Which of the following is a Samhita of Shukla Yajurveda ?
14. Given below are two statements, one is labelled as Assertion (A) and the other as Reason (R).
Assertion (A) : Turkish invasions on India were successful.
Reason (R) : There was no political unity in North India.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
(a) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
(b) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(c) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(d) (A) is false, but (R) is true
15. Arrange the following temples in a chronological order and select the correct answer from the codes given below :
I. Brihdishwar temple
II. Gangaikonda cholapuram temple
III. Shore temple of Mahabalipuram
IV. Sapt pagoda
(a) I, II, IV, III
(b) ll; I, III, IV
(c) III, II, I, IV.
(d) IV, III, I, II
16. The inscription of Hathigumpha is the source of information about which king ?
17. Given below are two statements, one is labelled as Assertion (A) and the other as Reason (R).
Assertion (A) : In 1946, the Muslim League withdrew its acceptance of the Cabinet Mission Plan.
Reason (R) : The Muslim League joined the interim government formed in 1946.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below :
(a) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A).
(b) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).
(c) (A) is true, but (R) is false.
(d) (A) is false, but (R) is true.
18. Which among the following sites provides evidence of domestication of animals in the Mesolithic period ?
19. Which of the following pairs is NOT correctly matched ?
(a) Adina Masjid – Mandu
(b). Lal Darwaza Masjid – Jaunpur
(c) Dakhil Darwaza – Gaour
(d) Tin Darwaza :- Ahmedabad
20. Which of the following pairs is NOT correctly matched ?
(a) Dhruvadas – Bhagat Namawali
(b) Nabhadas – Bhaktamal
(c) Raskhan – Rasik Priya
(d) Usman – Chitrawali