Uttarakhand Data Entry Operator recruitment exam paper, held in 2014 in Uttarakhand State, is available here in English and Hindi language including Answer Key. Data Entry Operator post exam paper is organized by UBTER under Group C.
Data Entry Operator Exam Paper 2014
1. Which of the following is not used as secondary storage ?
(a) Semiconductor memory
(b) Magnetic disk
(c) Magnetic drum
(d) Magnetic tape
2. MICR system is used in which of the following field ?
3. The disadvantage of dynamic RAM over static RAM is
(a) Higher power consumption
(b) Variable speed
(c) Need to refresh the capacitor charge every once in two milliseconds
(d) Higher bit density
4. Which of the following codes needs 7 bits to represent a character ?
5. Which one of the following is not a client-server application ?
(a) Internet chat
(b) Web browsing
6. The hexadecimal number A23F is represented in binary by
(a) 1010 0010 0011 1110
(b) 1010 0100 0011 1111
(c) 1010 0010 0011 1111
(d) 1111 0011 0010 1010
7. Error detection at the data link level is achieved by
(a) Bit Stuffing
(b) Hamming Codes
(C) Cyclic Redundancy Codes
8. Which of the following is single user operating system ?
9. Plasma Panel is
(a) Input Device
(b) Output Device
(c) Memory Device
(d) Communication Device
(a) The number of bits transmitted per unit time.
(b) The number of bytes transmitted per unit time.
(c) The rate at which the signal changes.
(d) None of the above
11. www uses protocol
12. Which of the following is an example of an optical disk ?
(a) Digital Versatile Disk
(b) Magnetic Disk
(c) Memory Disk
(d) Databus Disk
13. To access a mainframe or supercomputer, users often use
(d) Hand held
14. Which is the fastest memory ?
15. A name or number used to identify a storage location is called
(b) Carry bit
16. A………acts like a translator between the device and programs that use the device. (a) Interpreter
(b) Device driver
(d) None of these
17. A storage area used to store data to compensate for the difference in speed at which different units can handle data is
18. What is the name of the arrangements where several central processing units share one memory ?
(c) Concurrent programming
19. A page fault occurs
(a) when the page is in the memory.
(b) when the page is not in the memory.
(c) when the process enters the blocked state.
(d) when the process is in the ready state.
20. A tree structured file directory system
(a) is not essential when we have millions of files.
(b) is a much debated unnecessary feature.
(c) allows easy storage and retrieval of file names.
(d) none of the above