MPPSC Pre Exam Paper 25 July 2021 – Paper 2 (Answer Key) : MPPSC Pre Exam Paper 2021 CSAT (Paper 2) held on 25 July 2021 in second shift with Answer Key. Madhya Pradesh MPPSC State Service and State Forest Exam 2021 second shift (evening shift) CSAT exam paper with answer key available here.
Exam Name : MPPSC Pre Exam Paper 2021
Exam Organiser : MPPSC (Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission)
Paper : CSAT – Paper 2 (Second Shift)
Exam Date : 25/07/2021
Exam Time : 2:15 PM to 04:15 PM
For Paper 1 Answer key – Click here
MPPSC Pre Exam Paper 2021 (Paper 2 – CSAT)
Directions (Question No . 1-5) Read the following excerpt and answer the questions asked The answers to the questions should the questions should be based on the excerpt.
Although water covers approximately sixty seven percent of the Earth’s surface, of this less than three percent is fresh water. Accounting for fresh water locked in glaciere ice-caps or otherwise inaccessible, less than a tenth of a percent of the Earth’s Water is available for human consumption. Pollution, population growth and wasteful irrigation practices are contributing to a worldwide water Shortage. When the clear precious liquid becomes scarce, countries begin to assert claims on fresh water supplies. As a result, drinkable water has become a region of conflict that could eventually lead to greater hostilities between nations.
Some countries such as the United States, have ample sources of water. In other nations, such as China, water is less plentiful. As water resources dwindle, competition for available sources will rise. Nations may claim rights to a particular body of fresh water or they may plan to build dams and other projects on rivers. If two or more nations which disagree on water rights or building projects, conflicts can emerge. In order to combat this issue many countries are adopting water conservation and security solutions. The United Nations has implemented programs to combat potential issues that could lead to violence.
1. What is the main focus of this passage ?
(A) It is important to conserve water because only 3% of the water on earth is drinkable
(B) China will fight with America for controlling fresh water sources
(C) Most fresh water is locked in glaciers and ice-caps
(D) Water is limited and shortages will likely lead to conflicts
2. What percent of surface of earth covered with water is available for human consumption ?
3. Which of the following could be probable reason for hostility among nations in future?
(A) The fact that America has ample sources of water
(B) Assertion of claims on fresh water Supplies in future
(C) China intends to claim on fresh water sources as it has less sources than America
(D) In-equilibrium of arms among various nations
4. Which of the following may definitely not be concluded from the passage ?
(A) Upto about three percent of water may be for human consumption by accounting all possibility
(B) About 97% of water is unusable for human consumption
(C) Water crisis may trigger an arms race among nations in future
(D) Water crisis may possibly end up in creating a hostile relationship among countries
5. What would be the most effective solution to avoid future conflicts among the nations ?
(A) To destroy all weapons
(B) To sign pacts on water rights
(C) To conserve water
(D) To make United Nations a more effective body in handling these issues
6. How many total triangles are there in the following figure ?
7. Certain numbers are given inside/outside the square box according to a particular rule. Identify the correct option to fill in the space marked with question mark (?).
8. In the following figure, four images are similar in a certain way. Find the odd one image of these.
9. Find out the correct option for mirror (vertical) image of the following figure.
11. The correct synonym for ‘Slumber’ is
12. Of the words given below, three are synonyms. Choose the odd one out.
13. Choose the prefix that should be added to the word ‘legible’ to form its antonym.
14. Find Fill in the blank with correct collective noun. A school of ___.
15. Choose correct meaning of the Idiom ‘Spin a yarn’.
(A) Do weaving work
(B) Be a cunning craftsman,
(C) Stay silent
(D) Tell a long and far-fetched story
16. A _____ animal is one that is active primarily during the twilight period.
17. A person who talks in sleep is called as
18. Choose the correct alternative which can be substituted for the below underlined phrase.
She was reading from a list that contained almost all the known idioms and phrases of English.
19. _____ listening is also called as critical listening.
20. The document that is used to communicate within the organization is called