UPPSC PCS Pre exam paper 15 December 2019 Paper 2 (CSAT) – English (Answer Key): UP PCS UPPSC PCS Pre exam paper 15 December 2019 Paper 2 (CSAT) (English) with Answer Key available. UPPSC PCS 2019 exam held selection for PCS (Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services), Assistant Conservator of Forest (ACF) and Range Forest Officer (RFO).
Exam Paper: UPPSC PCS Pre exam 2019 – Paper 2 (CSAT)
Exam for Post: PCS (Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services), Assistant Conservator of Forest (ACF) and Range Forest Officer (RFO)
Exam Organiser: UPPSC (Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission)
Exam Date & Time: 15/12/2019 (Evening Shift 2:30 PM to 04:30 PM)
>> UPPSC PCS Pre exam paper 15 December 2019 Paper 1 – English (Answer Key)
Note: The answers given are according to the official answer key released by UPPSC.
UPPSC PCS Pre exam paper 2019 – Paper 2 (CSAT)
Question number 1 to 20 are from Hindi language.
21. Find out the correct indirect narration of the following direct speech.
John looked at the Taj and said “How magnificent!”
(a) John looked at the Taj and told that how magnificent it is.
(b) John looked at the Taj and exclaimed with surprise that it was very magnificent.
(c) John looked at the Taj and asked that how magnificent
(d) None of the above
22. Correct the following expression.
Both he as well as his son were present.
(a) Both, he and his son, was present.
(b) Both of them he and his son were present.
(c) Both he and his son were present.
(d) Both he and his son has been present.
23. Change the given sentence into passive voice. Everyone loves him.
(a) He is loved by all.
(b) He loves everyone.
(c) He was loved by everyone.
(d) He is loved by everyone.
24. Select the word as an appropriate meaning for the given word ‘Vandal from the following.
(a) One who destroys works of art.
(b) One who creates works of art.
(c) One who does not mix freely with others.
(d) One who is present everywhere.
25. Choose the correct meaning of the Phrase “Zero hour”.
(a) 12 O’clock at night.
(b) The hour when an operation begins.
(c) The hour when the sun rises.
(d) The hour when the sun sets.
Instruction for Question Nos. 26 to 30.
Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions that follow. Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience! He that travelleth into a country, before he hath some entrance into the language. goeth to school; and not to travel, That young men travel under some tutor or grave servant, I allow well; so that he be such a one that hath the language, and hath been in the country before;, whereby he may be able to tell them what things are worthy to be seen in the country. where they go, what acquaintances they are to seek. what exercises or discipline the place yieldeth; for else young men shall go hooded and look abroad little. It is strange thing, that in sea voyages, where there is nothin to be seen but sky and sea, men should make diari but in land travel, where in so much is to be obser for the most part they omit it; as if chance I to be registered than observation; let diaries, therefore be brought in use. The things to be seen and observed are, the courts of princes, especially when they give audience to ambassadors; the courts of justice, while they sit and hear causes.
26. Who tells about the things to be seen in the country one is travelling?
(a) young men
(b) elder people
27. What is NOT important for travelling in a country?
(a) knowledge of the language of that country
(c) company of a person who already knows the place
(d) company of the family members
28. The grave servant accompanying the traveller must have
(a) already visited the country of the travel
(b) acquaintance with reputed persons
(c) undertaken sea voyages
(d) knowledge of keeping diaries
29. One should visit the courts of princes when the princes are
(a) dinning with ambassadors
(b) listening to ambassadors
(c) instructing the ambassadors
(d) talking to ambassadors
30. Who learns from travelling?
(a) old persons
(c) young men
(d) grave servant
31. Choose the correct part of speech/word class of the word “interesting” in the following sentence. This book is interesting.
32. Which of the following is wrongly spelt ?
33. Fill in the blank in the given sentence by choosing the correct option.
Put _____ the clock, it is twenty minutes fast.
34. Choose the correct option.
This Pen is much ____ than that.
(b) more cheaper
(c) the cheaper
35. Change the following sentence into a simple sentence. “The Institution is as bad as it could be.’
(a) The Institute is thoroughly bad.
(b) The Institute is so bad that we cannot live.
(c) The Institute is too bad to say anything.
(d) The Institute is not only bad but also good.
36. Which of the following statement is NOT correct?
(a) All men are mortal.
(b) Some elephants have trunk.
(c) No man is perfect.
(d) All roses are red.
37. Choose the number which is different from others.
38. Consider the following statements regarding major function/functions of communication within a group or organization.
1. It acts of control member behaviour.
2. It fosters motivation.
3. It provides emotional expression of feelings.
4. It facilitates decision making.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
(a) 3 alone
(b) 2, 3 and 4
(c) 2 and 3
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
39. If in a certain code-COMPUTER is written as BNLOTSDQ, then which of the following code would be written for SOFTWARE?
40. Select the one which is different from the other three.