UPPSC PCS Pre exam paper 15 December 2019 Paper 1 – English (Answer Key): UP PCS UPPSC PCS Pre exam paper 15 December 2019 Paper 1 (English) with Answer Key available. UPPSC PCS 2019 exam held selection for PCS (Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services), Assistant Conservator of Forest (ACF) and Range Forest Officer (RFO).
Exam Paper: UPPSC PCS Pre exam 2019 – Paper 1
Exam for Post: PCS (Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services), Assistant Conservator of Forest (ACF) and Range Forest Officer (RFO)
Exam Organiser: UPPSC (Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission)
Exam Date & Time: 15/12/2019 (Morning Shift 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM)
>> UPPSC PCS Pre exam paper 15 December 2019 Paper 2 – English (Answer Key)
Note: The answers given are according to the official answer key released by UPPSC.
UPPSC PCS Pre exam paper 2019 – Paper 1
1. Which of the following glands in human body act as a endocrine gland as well as an exocrine gland?
(a) Adrenal gland
(b) Lacrimal gland
2. Which one of the following materials contains calcium ?
(a) China clay
3. Which one of the following is NOT correctly matched ?
(a) Silver bromide – artificial photosynthesis
(b) Silver iodide – artificial rain
(c) Lithium bicarbonate – treatment of rheumatism
(d) Milk of magnesia – antacid
4. Tulsi plant has medicinal values due to the presence of the following
(a) Inorganic Acid
(b) Organic Acid
(c) Phenols and Flavonoids
(d) None of the above
5. What is true about ecosystem?
(a) Primary consumers are least dependent upon producer
(b) Primary consumers are out-number producers
(c) Producers are more than primary consumers
(d) Secondary consumers are the largest and most powerful
6. With reference to Eutrophication, which of the following statements is/are correct?
1. It is a phenomenon of nutrient enrichment of a water body.
2. It depletes dissolved oxygen of the water. Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
(a) I only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither I nor 2
7. The environment modified by human activities is called
(a) Natural environment
(b) Anthropogenic environment
(c) Urban environment
(d) Modern environment
8. Which of the following statement is NOT true?
(a) Species diversity increases from equator towards poles.
(b) Tropics harbour more species than temperate areas.
(c) Greatest biodiversity occurs in Amazonean rain forest.
(d) Species diversity decreases from temperate areas towards poles.
9. Which one of the following is the well known example of bioindicator of air pollution ?
(b) Methyl mercury
(c) Rose plant
10. Which of the following is NOT correctly matched ?
(a) Desalination – Sea water
(b) Reverse Osmosis – Potable water
(c) Denaturation – Proteins
(d) Pasteurisation – Tea
11. Which of the following is an example of herbicide?
(a) Sodium chlorate
(b) Potassium permanganate
(c) Bleaching powder
(d) None of the above
12. The gas, which is emitted in the paddy fields and increases the earth’s temperature is
(b) Carbon dioxide
(c) Carbon monoxide
13. At which of the following places is the Secretariat of the International Solar Alliance (I.S.A.) located at present?
(b) New Delhi
(d) New York
14. The First Union Territory of India to run 100 percent on solar energy is
15. Given below are two statements, one is labelled as Assertion (A) and the other as Reason (R).
Assertion (A): There is a positive relation between Human Development Index HDD and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) ranking of Indian State.
Renson (R): The underlying dimensionorSDG targets are closely related to education and health aspect. Select the connect answer from the codes given below:
(a) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
(b) Both (A) and (R) are true but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(c) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(d) (A) is false, but (R) is true
16. Multidimensional poverty index includes:
iii. Living Standard
Select correct answer from the codes given below:
(a) Only i is correct
(b) Only ii and iii are correct
(c) Only i and ii are correct
(d) i, ii and iii are correct
17. Arrange the following events in chronological order of their commencement and select correct answer from the codes given below:
I. Wild Life (Protection) Act .
II. Biological Diversity Act
III. Project Tiger
IV. Project Elephant
(a) I, II, III, IV
(b) I, III, IV, II
(c) II, III, IV, I
(d) II, III, I, IV
18. Under the Civil Registration System (CRS), it is legally mandatory to register birth and death events within how many days in India ?
(a) 15 days
(b) 21 days
(c) 26 days
(d) 30 days
19. National Family Health Survey (NFHS) – 5 does not include
(a) High blood pressure
(c) HIV Test
(d) Registration of death
20. The Environmental Kuznets Curve (EKC) shows the relationship between per capita GDP and environmental loss. What is the shape of Environmental Kuznets Curve ?
(a) Inverted ‘U’ shaped
(b) Inverted ‘V’ shaped
(c) Inverted ‘L’ shaped
(d) None of these