Question number 56 to 85 are from Hindi language – visit Hindi paper.
Direction (Q. Nos. 86 and 87): Read the passage given below and answer the questions that follow.
Poverty is cruel, but it is curable. The only known cure is economic pragmatism instead of woolly ideology. In the field of economics, the tree of ideology has never bore any fruit. We have countless chances for development. Opportunities multiply when they are seized; they die when neglected. We have barely potential for tapped our immeasurable growth. Immense manpower, superb skills and enterprise are to India what oil is to the Middle East. The only difference is that the oil will be depleted one day, but our human resources will never be.
86. Which of the following is most opposite in meaning of the word ‘deplete’ as used in the passage?
87. According to the author, ideology in the context of economics
(1) is the most important consideration
(2) has barely yielded any result
(3) is not a futile consideration
(4) has proved to be a basic requirement
88. Fill in the blank with the correct pronoun in the following sentence :
One should love _______ country.
89. The number of vowel and consonant sounds in English is indicated respectively by
(1) 22, 22
(2) 5, 39
(3) 10, 34
(4) 20, 24
90. Identify the direct narration of the given sentence:
Atul informed his friend that he could make use of his bike while
he was away.
(1) Atul said to his friend, “You will make use of my bike while I was away.”
(2), Atul said to his friend, “Use my bike while I go away
(3) Atul said to his friend, “You can make use of my bike while I am away.”
(4) Atul asked his friend, “Will you make use of my bike while I am away?”
91. Identify the parts of speech of the underlined word in the following sentence :
He is intelligent enough to solve this sum.
92. Find out the subject in the following sentence:
On the top of the hill lives a hermit.
(1) the hill
(2) a hermit
(3) On the top
(4) On the top of the hill
93. In the following sentence, change the verb to the past tense :
She hides her face for shame.
94. Identify the type of the sentence given below :
How well she sings!
95. Which of the following sentences is correct?
(1) He is an European citizen.
(2) An one rupee note is rare to find.
(3) I donated an unit of blood.
(4) An FIR was lodged against him.
96. The first Muslim President of the Indian National Congress was
(1) Abul Kalam Azad
(2) Rafi Ahmed Kidwai
(3) Badruddin Tyabji
(4) Hakim Ajmal Khan
97. Name the leader who died of injuries from Lathi charge during the course of demonstration against the Simon Commission.
(1) Lala Lajpat Rai
(2) Govind Ballabh Pant
(3) Dr. Satyapal
(4) Dr. Kitchlew
98. The Rajya Sabha can delay the Money Bill sent for its consideration by the Lok Sabha for a maximum period of
(1) 10 days
(2) 12 days
(3) 14 days
(4) 16 days
99. The southernmost point of Peninsular India, that is Kanyakumari, is in the
(1) north of the Tropic of Cancer
(2) south of the Tropic of Capricorn
(3) north of the Equator
(4) south of the Equator
100. Which of the following ocean currents does not belong to Atlantic Ocean?
(1) Agulhas Current
(2) Labrador Current
(3) Florida Current
(4) Canary Current