21. Which of the following pairs (country-capital) is not correctly matched ?
(a) Brazil – Brasília
(b) Tunisia – Tunis
(c) Algeria – Algiers
(d) Morocco – Marrakech
22. What is the correct north-south sequence of the states of India along the Myanmar border ?
(a) Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram.
(b) Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Nagaland, Manipur.
(c) Assam, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram.
(d) Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Nagaland, Mizoram.
23. Which of the following countries is called the ‘Land of Thousand Lakes’ ?
24. Which of the following countries is famous for livestock ranching in the world ?
25. With which of the following countries does India have its longest International boundary ?
26. As per 2011 census, which of the following states had the highest literacy rate ?
(C) Himachal Pradesh
27. Which of the following mountain peak is not located in Uttarakhand ?
(d) Nanga Parbat
28. As per United Nations’ 2015 estimate, how much will be the world population by 2030 ?
(a) 8.2 Billion
(b) 8.5 Billion
(c) 8.8 Billion
(d) 9.1 Billion
29. At which of the following coasts of India is the average sea level measured ?
(c) Cochin (Kochi)
30. Which of the following statement is incorrect ?
(a) The Godavari is the largest river of South India.
(b) The Kosi River is called the ‘Sorrow of Bihar’.
(c) The Brahmaputra is an antecedent river.
(d) The Ganges originates from Gangotri.
31. Which of the following pairs (State – date of formation) is correctly matched ?
(a) Haryana – 01 November, 1966
(b) Mizoram – 25 June, 1986
(c) Telangana – 15 August, 2014
(d) Chhattisgarh – 20 November, 2000
32. Which of the following States is the largest producer of pulses in India ?
(a) Madhya Pradesh
(b) Uttar Pradesh
33. Which of the following country has the largest reserve of Bauxite of the world ?
34. Which of the following State has the largest forest area in India ?
(c) Madhya Pradesh
(d) Andhra Pradesh
35. In which of the following year the National Population Policy’ (NPP) was announced in
36. The ‘World Population Day’ is observed on
(a) 11th April
(b) 11th May
(c) 11th July
(d) 12th August
37. Who propounded the ‘Mobility Transition Model of Migration’ ?
38. Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched ?
(a) Tharu – Uttar Pradesh
(b) Gaddi – Himachal Pradesh
(C) Konyak – Kerala
(d) Toda – Tamil Nadu
39. As per 2011 census, which of the following states of India had the highest sex-ratio ?
(c) Uttar Pradesh
(d) West Bengal
40. Which of the following is called “Heart of the City” ?
(a) Central Business District
(b) Zone of Better Residence
(c) Zone of Better Social Amenities
(d) Commuters’ Zone