41. Who made the Functional Classification of Indian Cities ?
(a) R.L. Singh
(b) G.S. Gosal
(c) Ashok Mitra
(d) A.B. Mukherjee
42. The National Award for Child Welfare was instituted in the year
(a) 1996 AD
(6) 1979 AD
(C) 2008 AD
(d) 2014 AD
43. The term ‘Ecosystem’ was first used in 1935 by
44. Which of the following states incorporated ‘Environmental Education’ as a subject in
school curriculum for the first time ?
45. The main reason of Ozone depletion is
(a) Carbon Monoxide
(b) Carbon Dioxide
(d) Chloro-fluoro Carbon
46. Which of the following canal is responsible for land-degradation in Rajasthan ?
(a) Ganga Canal
(b) Sirhind Canal
(c) Indira Gandhi Canal
(d) Agra Canal
47. ‘Biodiversity’ is
(a) Totality of all species, all genes and all ecosystems.
(b) Variety of plants
(c) Variety of animals
(d) Totality of cultural environment
48. Which of the following is responsible for acid rain ?
(a) Nitrogen oxide and Carbon dioxide
(b) Nitrogen oxide and Carbon monoxide
(c) Sulphur dioxide and Nitrogen oxide
(d) None of the above
49. Match the following with the given code
. Plant Climatic Region
A. Megatherm 1. Tundra Region
B. Mesotherm 2. Equatorial Region
C. Microtherm 3. Tropical Region
D. Hekistotherm 4. Temperate Region
. A B C D
(a) 1 2 3 4
(b) 1 3 2 4
(c) 3 4 2 1
(d) 2 3 4 1
50. With which of the following is the Central Government’s “Stand-up India’ scheme to promote entrepreneurship?
(a) Women and Minorities
(b) SC/STs and Women
(c) SC/STs and Minorities
(d) All of the above
51. On which of the following routes will India’s first Bullet Train run (upto 2024) ?
(a) New Delhi – Ahmedabad Route
(b) New Delhi – Mumbai Route
(c) Ahmedabad – Mumbai Route
(d) Pune – Ahmedabad Route
52. Which of the following State has been declared as ‘India’s first State to have adopted organic farming ?
(c) Arunachal Pradesh
53. Who created a new world record in scoring the fastest century in Test Cricket history in February, 2016 ?
(a) Steve Smith
(b) Chris Gayle
(c) Brendon McCullum
(d) Virat Kohli
54. The multi-billion dollar project TAPI on which work started in December, 2015 is related to
(a) Natural Gas
(b) Solar Energy
(c) Road Construction
(d) Railway Line
55. The year 2016-17 will be observed by SAARC nations as
(a) Year of Democracy and Development
(b) Year of Fight Against Terrorism
(C) Year of Cultural Heritage
(d) Year of ‘Save the Earth’
56. Aung San Suu Kyi was barred from swearing in as the President of Myanmar because
(a) She has a criminal record.
(b) Her party did not win absolute majority in elections.
(c) The military installed its own President.
(d) Her sons are British Citizens
57. Due to the outbreak of which virus did the WHO declare a Public Health Emergency of International Concern in February, 2016 ?
(C) Swine Flu
58. Which of the two European cities were the victims of IS terrorist attacks in November, 2015 and March, 2016 respectively ?
(a) London and Brussels
(b) Paris and Brussels
(c) Frankfurt and Brussels
(d) Copenhagen and Brussels
59. Which of the following cities are hosts for 2016 and 2020 Olympic Games, respectively ?
(a) Rio de Janeiro and Tokyo
(b) London and Rio de Janeiro
(C) Tokyo and Rio de Janeiro
(d) London and Tokyo
60. Which state had the highest per capita income during 2014-15 ?