61. In October, 2019 India announced to establish a High Commission in which African country?
(d) Sierra Leone
62. According to NITI Aayog which of the following states is at the top in the India Innovation Index 2019?
(a) Tamil Nadu
63. The author of the Booker Prize Winner 2019 book’s “Girl, Women, Other” is
(a) Margaret Atwood
(b) Elif Shafak
(c) Salman Rushdie
(d) Bernadine Evaristo
64. Whom did P.V. Sindhu beat to win the first ever Gold Medal for India in Women’s Single Badminton Championship in the final match ?
(a) Carolina Marin
(b) Tai Tzu Ying
(c) Nozomi Okuhara
(d) None of these
65. Which hydropower plant in Bhutan was inaugurated recently by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi ?
(a) Chhukha Power Plant
(b) Dagachhu Power Plant
(c) Kurichha Power Plant
(d) Mangdechhu Power Plant
66. Which among the following was the first 100 percent organic state in the world?
(a) Queensland (Australia)
(b) California (United States of America)
(c) Sikkim (India)
(d) Quebec (Canada)
67. The book ‘Venushilpa’ by Chitracharya Upendra Maharathi relates to which of the following form of arts?
(c) Bamboo art
(d) Marble carving
68. Para athlete Deepa Malik, who has been awarded Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2019, belongs to the sport
(b) Discus throw
(c) Shot put
(d) Weight lifting
69. United Nations Climate Action Summit 2019 was held at which of the following cities?
(d) New York
70. Use of polished rice in human diet causes the following disease
(c) Night blindness
(d) Colour blindness
71. Which of the following pairs is NOT correctly matched ?
(Vitamin) (Rich Source)
(a) Vitamin B6 – Rice bran
(b) Vitamin B2 – Cod-liver oil
(c) Vitamin E – Wheat germ oil
(d) Vitamin K – Alfalfa
72. Given below are two statements, one labelled as Assertion (A) and the other as Reason (R).
Assertion (A): Most of the vitamins are not synthesised in human body.
Reason (R): Human organs synthesise only essential micronutrients. Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
(a) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
(b) Both (A) and (R) are true but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(c) (A) is true, but (R) is false .
(d) (A) is false, but (R) is true
73. Match List – I with List – II and select the correct answer from the codes given below the lists:
List – I List-II
A. Kevlar 1. Explosive
B. Taxol 2. Synthetic fibre
C. Zinc Phosphide 3. Anticancer drug
D. Nitrocellulose 4. Rodenticide
А B C D
(a) 2 4 3 1
(b) 2 3 4 1
(c) 4 3 1 2
(d) 3 1 2 4
74. A sample of any of the following substances disappears after sometime when exposed to air like camphor, naphthalene or dry ice. This phenomenon is called
75. The phenomenon used in optical fibre for transmission of light energy is
(a) Total internal reflection