86. Smog is essentially caused by the atmospheric presence of
(a) Oxygen and ozone
(b) Ozone and nitrogen
(c) Oxygen and nitrogen
(d) Oxide of nitrogen and sulphur
87. The ‘Global – 500’ Award is given for rare achievement in which of the following fields ?
(a) Gene preservation
(b) Environment Conservation
(c) Population control
(d) Pollution control
88. Black-hole is
(a) a flight recorder in aeroplane
(b) a spot on the sun
(c) a place in Antarctica
(d) a collapsed star
89. The most biodiversity rich area in India is
(a) Gangetic plain
(b) Trans Himalayas
(c) Western Ghats
(d) Central India
90. Which of the following is a Nodal Institution for implementation of Sustainable Development Goals in India ?
(a) Planning Commission
(b) Disinvestment Commission
(c) NITI Aayog
(d) Finance Commission
91. Arrange the following Committees formed for small scale sector in a chronological order and select the correct answer from the codes given below:
I. Nayak Committee
II. Abid Hussain Committee
III. S.S. Kohli Committee.
IV. Karve Committee
(a) I, II, IV, III
(b) III, II, I, IV
(c) IV, 11, 1, III
(d) 1, II, III, IV
92. Match List-I with List-Il and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists:
List-I List – II
(Programme) (Launch Year)
A. National Programme for Control of Blindness 1. 1975
B. Integrated Child Development Scheme 2. 1976
C. National Leprosy Eradication Programme 3. 2005
D. National Rural Health Mission 4. 1983
A B C D
(a) I 2 3 4
(b) 2 4 1 3
(c) 21 4 3
(d) 4 3 2 1
93. Given below are two statements, one is labelled as Assertion (A) and the other as Reason (R).
Assertion (A): The labour force participation rate falling sharply in the recent years for females in India.
Reason (R) : The decline in labour force participation rate is due to the improved family income and increase in education. Select the correct answer from codes given below:
(a) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
(b) Both (A) and (R) are true but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(c) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(d) (A) is false, but (R) is true
94. The Dependency Ratio in India is declining because
(a) Population of 0-14 years is relatively high
(b) Population of 60 years and above is relatively high
(c) Population of 15-59 years is relatively high
(d) Population of 0-14 years and 60 years and above together are relatively high
95. Which of the following Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) will target to water availability for all and its permanent management upto 2030 in India ?
(a) SDG – 6
(c) SDG – 8
(d) SDG – 9
96. Who has propounded the concept of ‘limit to Growth?
(a) Club of Rome
(c) Brundland Commission
(d) Agenda 21
97. The number of persons who remained unemployed for a major part of the year is called
(a) Usual status unemployment
(b) Daily status unemployment
(c) Weekly status unemployment
(d) None of the above
98. With reference to the Corporate Socini Responsibility (CSR), which of the statements is/are correct?
1. Companies Act 2014, introduces mandatory CSR.
2. Companies covered under this will have to spend atleast one percent of their annual net-profit in the activities under CSR.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
(a) 1 Only
(b) 2 Only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
99. Physical Quality of Life Index (PQLI) is developed by
(a) Morris D. Morris
(d) None of the above
100. What is the India’s rank in the Global Hunger Index (GHI) in 2017?