101. Which famous sportsperson has been named as brand ambassador by kerala state to promote tourism and ayurveda for ‘visit kerala scheme’ ?
A. sachin tendulkar
B. Maria sharapova
C. Steffi graf
D. Saina nehwal
102. The multidimensional poverty index (2015) released from a study carried out by university of oxford shows the percentage number of poor people in the world to be around :
A. – 15%
B. – 40%
C. – 33%
D. – 22%
103. National mission on mental health was launched in the year :
104. Who is called father of SMS ?
A. samir bhatia
B. Anuj gupta
C. Matti makkonen
D. Thomas kurian
105. Globally accepted internet speed on mobile phones for 4-G transmission is :
A. 50-100 Mbps
B. 10-25 Mbps
C. 100-200 Mbps
D. 25-50 Mbps
106. The name of first international treaty/protocol on climate change is associated with :
D. Rio de janeiro
107. Sister nirmala associated with late mother teresa’s organisation missionaries of charity in kolkata was born in :
108. The original group of G-8 countries is now G-7 group of countries, which country has been left out ?
109. Recently, which of the following hill states has been included in the national dairy plan -I of india ?
A. arunachal pradesh
110. According to wikileaks, the US national security agency oavesdropped on last three presidents of which country ?
111. Who is the author of the novel –
‘fire on the mountain’ ?
A. chetan bhagat
B. Vikram seth
C. Salman rushdi
D. Anita desai
112. Which one of these is not a computer programming language ?
113. Researchers at NASA in USA have recently identified the coldest place in the universe known as boomrang nebula which has a temperature of :
A. – 1 kelvin
B. – 4 kelvin
C. – 8 kelvin
D. – 12 kelvin
114. The international thermonuclear experimental reactor being constructed to produce fusion energy is located in :
C. United kingdom
115. For the invention of energy efficient light emitting diodes (LEDs) the nobel prize winning scientists were :
116. The atmosphere on mars mainly consists of :
A. carbon dioxide
117. The highlight the importance of light and optical technologies for people and society. UN general assembly proclaimed which year as the international year of light and light-based technologies ?
118. Energy star-rated CFLs compared to ordinary light bulbs consume how much less energy to produce same amount of illumination ?
A. – 20%
B. – 25%
C. – 50%
D. – 75%
119. One of the greatest innovators in the field of acoustics was of indian origin. Who was he ?
A. A.G. bose
B. S.N. bose
C. M.N. saha
D. homi bhabha
120. Which of the following animals is a vulnerable, endemic species of the castern himalayan region ?
A. giant panda
B. red panda